Sunday, February 14, 2010

Olympic's in Vancouver 2010

Watching the opening ceremony of the Olympic games in Vancouver B.C. Canada was a very moving experience. Everything was so beautiful, we Canadians have done a great job. I must say seeing all the prominent Canadians on such a special day was very exciting, Donald Sutherland, Anne Murray, Rick Hanson, Walter Gretsky (Walter had been in our store shopping for Olympic gear on the Tesday before, he is such a nice man) When they showed Wayne was going to be the person to light the cauldron well that was when I really started to cry. It was a very emotional experience.
It was so sad that we had such a bad accident at the trials before the games. Our prayers go out to the family of the young man from Georgia. God bless you.
Today my hubby and I are going to celebrate Valentine's Day and and of course I will do some stitching and watch the games. I am hoping my daughters will stop by for a visit.
Friday night my hubby and I went to friends for dinner and a hot tub party. We had such a good time. Sitting in the hot tub with the stars and a glass of wine and good friends is such a great thing, and then it got cloudy and started to snow. It was great!
Last night we went to friends to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Great food and great company and lots of wine. J it is going to be a lean week.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

~Happiest when stitching~

3 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Thaaaaaat's Niiiiiiiice

Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I get a quick out of seeing you mention how many sleeps until the weekend. That plus your mention of looking forward to retirement sounds just like me. I live for the weekends(except for when I'm working, like this one!) and I'm counting down to retirement. Can't wait.
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your WIP.

Kerry said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, I love being in touch with other stitchers. Yes I do live for the week ends and my stitching! Retirement will be a wonderful thing!!!!! I live for the day.