Sunday, May 20, 2012

Triple Crown

May and June are special times for me and have been since I was a very little girl. My Grampa was a horse fanatic. When I was 5 years old he gave me probably the best gift give ever. He walked down our driveway leading a small pinto pony, his name was Cesare and boy did he have spunk.This was the start of a life time of loving horses. Well back to May and June. On May 5th it was time to watch the Kentucky Derby, the winner I'll Have Another, owned by a Canadian.
I'll Have another wins The Kentucky Derby Last night May 19th was the running of The Preakness and wow what a race. The conditions were perfect.
I'll Have Another wins The Preakness what an exciting finish! Now here is the scoop we have not had a Triple Crown winner since 1978 when Affirmed came through as our first Triple Crown winner. We have been waiting a long time for another. Is I'll Have Another going to be the one? I sure hope so. I will be glued to the TV in June to see if he has what it takes.
Affirmed is the last Triple Crown winner and what a great horse. Hopefully I'll Have Another will be our next one. Here's hoping!!!!! Stay tuned for the big race. My dear hubby is not really a horse person but I spend a lot of time watching hockey and tennis so each year when it comes to my favourite 3 horse races we watch them together and he has to admit he quite likes it. My Mom gets in on it too she called me to talk about it but I said we went out for dinner I will call you back as we taped it. I called her back and we had quite a time discussing it all. ~Happiest when stitching~

5 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

I saw the title of your post and wondered if it was stitching related, or if it was the horse races. I'm happy to see that it is. The Belmont is the last race, I think, and it will be exciting, I'm sure. Good luck to I'll Have Another!!!

Anonymous said...

Didn't know you liked horses just learned something new about you. do you collect them too?

Joanie said...

OH, me too! I've been a horse lover all my life and I haven't missed a Triple Crown race in over 40 years. My all time favorite race horse is Secretariat. What horse! My DH and I love to watch them run and we watch the races together.

Jennifer said...

Hi Kerry - You had asked me a question on my blog (Sweet Pea Stitching) but I can't track down your email address to respond to you. Please email me at sweetpeastitches @ yahoo.com

Kerry said...

Hi Tammy, no I don't collect them but when I lived with my parents we had the real thing. I really miss not owning one. Life changes for a reason. I may stitch one soon. I have a couple of ideas.
Take care, Kerry