Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Black and White photo from 1938

I just found this photo on facebook. I have the same photo but mine has been worked on and is in better shape.
It is a photo of my dear Grandpa and his snow car. I have heard many stories of my grandpa driving doctors to many homes when babies were being born etc. We have an abbey in our home town and sometimes he would drive the monks across the frozen lake.
I love black and white photos. I loved my Grandfather so very much he and I had such a loving relationship. Right now I am typing this on his roll top desk. Memories are so very important I think of him every day. He taught me a lot of things. He gave me the basics. Treat everyone with respect, forgive, never lie....there are no excuses for lying. My grandfather saw his mother killed on a bridge by a run away team. She pushed her two children to safety and died saving them. It was a large family by todays standards. The were 6 little boys left to be brought up by their father. He married a bit later and had one daughter with her. Life was pretty tough back then.
Yes I am still stitching but I am working on Christmas ornaments right now.
Stay tuned I promise to post something soon.

~Happiest when stitching~

No comments: