Saturday, September 4, 2010

Summer of 2010

Labour Day is always a sad holiday for me. It means the summer is pretty much over and that means the days of sitting out on our deck and enjoying our beautiful back garden are coming to an end. It means that my lovely grandchildren will all be headed back to school. My oldest Maddison will be entering high school. Chloe is going into grade 7, Benjamin into grade 4. and my youngest Mackenzie will be in grade 1. She thinks she is very grown up, grade 1 is a very big deal for her. I hope her teacher has had a restfull summer, she is going to be busy with that little one. I always say she is small but mighty. I am going to miss those days were they just stop in for a few hours and we spend time together. But there will be sleep overs this winter I am sure. After all Mom and Dad do have to go out once in a while and then they get to party with Grandma and Grampa.
Yes the temperature has fallen here and would you believe it I had to put on a sweatshirt. Wow it has been  a while sice I have worn one of those. Steve is watching tennis and I am spending some time on the computer.
I hope everyone has a happy and safe Labour Day. Travel safe, don't take any chances. Be aware!
Happy Holiday Everyone! Take time to stitch............

~Happiest when stitching~

1 comment:

Sherry :o) said...

Although summer is my least fav season, I am sad to see somethings come to an end too. But with fall we get to snuggle more in our sweatshirts and quilting is more enjoyable - I have a few to bind and sitting under them is much better when it's a bit cool. And then there are the colors of the trees (can you tell autumn is my favorite)! Coming to your house for a sleepover will be a treat during the school year for your grandchildren, I'm sure. Enjoy your Labor Day!