Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Morning

Good morning everyone, it has been a long week. I was on holidays for three weeks and have just gone back to work. It is a shock to the system. After about an hour it is like you have never been away.

The weather has been pretty warm and humid, we had one day with no humidity but now it is back. I am looking forward to fall with it's cool temperatures and the glorious display of coloured leaves. Fall is my favourite season.

I have been stitching on my monthly Christmas ornament, I am one month behind I am on the snowman, the skater is to follow. Last night I started the border and guess what I had to rip it out and start again. That was a waste of time.

Today I am putting some beads on a poppy ornament that I plan on giving my mother-in-law tomorrow, it is part of her birthday present. She will be celebrating her 80th birthday, We are having the party in London at her daughter and son-in-law's home. We are looking forward to celebrating her big day with her. Birthdays are always a big deal in this family.

Hope everyone has a great week end, drive safely if you are travelling.

~Happiest when stitching~

2 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Happy Birthday Grandma... Have a great weekend and safe trip to London.
Be always in stitches.

Lynn said...

I've fallen behind in my LHN ornaments and I'm just starting to get caught up. Red House in Winter is my next start.
We're heading home to the Windsor area in a week to celebrate my Mom's 80th. I haven't been back there for a couple of years so I'm really looking forward to it.