Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Hi everyone, sorry so long since my last post. Holiday time is always very tiring for me. This year was better as I had lots of help in getting the house decorated and I have to say that on Christmas day my daughter Rachel and her husband Steve and my two beautiful grandaughters came through and helped with the cooking and with serving of Christmas dinner. Now the house is back to normal and we can all look forward to 2012, The past year has has had more downs than ups. I lost my dear Auntie Thelma, she was 90 and it was her time to go. In your mind you know this is true but in your heart the pain is still there. We lost my mother-in-law in November, this has been very hard on the whole family. In December my Aunt Glenna suffered an anuresm (spelling may be wrong) she is in hospital and the outlook is guarded. So yes I am looking forward to 2012 being a kinder and better year.
DH and I are going on a cruise with our best friends Debbie and Channing to the Caribbean. We are very excited about that. We have been friends since grade 1. We went away with them a few years ago and we had such a good time. We are so looking forward to this one infact Debbie and I are going shopping today.
So on that note I am leaving DH and the the dog to take care of the house and away I go down the highway to spend some money!!!!!
Have a good day everyone.

A photo of me and wrapping day! Wow I think we bought too much!
My Mom, she doesn't look her age does she? 80 years young!


~Happiest when stitching~

5 comments:

gracie said...

Hoping a better 2012 for you...enjoy your cruise.

Lynn said...

Happy New Year Kerry! I hope 2012 is a much kinder year to you.
We have just returned from a trip to Windsor to spend time with our Moms who are both ailing. We left right after Christmas so I've come home to a bit of a mess. Time to get the decorations down!

pam said...

A cruise sounds wonderful about now. I always want a vaction after the first of the year. You mom looks amazing for 80. Bet you are glad you have her gene pool!

Anonymous said...

Aww man can I come on the cruise too Eric can babysit

Sherry :o) said...

Hope your 2012 is better - I am wishing for a better one too!! Enjoy your cruise. I loved cruising...went to the Bahamas years ago...