Saturday, December 18, 2010

Where have 24 years gone?

Today I was leafing through some old photo albums and look what I found, a photo of our stitching group which is called The Stitching Sisters. Some I am sad to say are no longer with us. Some are 24 years older and I am happy to say are still stitching. Every year we take a photo at Christmas time and sometimes at other times of the year. We have gained some members and lost some. At the moment we have enough members that we moved our meetings from our homes to to recreation centre in town. We meet at the board room every other week.


                                     Stitching Sisters 1986

Front row Trish, Kerry, Janet, Vi, and Freda
Second row Ida, Sarah, Sarah's Dorothy, Marjorie, and Jayne

We have formed great friendships we have been through good times and bad times. We always come together in a crisis. We have learned to treat each other as true sisters.

Merry Christmas everyone!


~Happiest when stitching~

3 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

ya I looked at the picture here and it was right but you could have cropped my butt off

Tina said...

omg that is hilarious, I had to look at the names, because beside Trish and Jane I didn't recognize anybody else....too cute...wow!

Sherry :o) said...

I have a similiar group - not quite as long that we've been together but they sure are the best!

I love that you can see the stuff around on the floor - true stitchers!!